Smile more. Be grateful. Focus on the positive in your life.
Have you ever gone through a season where you feel…constantly negative? You’re constantly berating yourself, talking yourself down, and bringing down the negative energy around you? AND then when your friends or family bring it up to you, it surprises you that you’re actually a negative person?
You’re not a negative person. You’re just going through a rough patch. But guess what? Jesus is the son of a carpenter. He loves a good ole rough patch. He can fix that in just a pinch.
I’m in this season of unfigured out dreams and confusion. I feel…stuck. I’m surrounded by people who have accomplished so much and then there’s me…
I’m happy for those who accomplished great things. I am. And I think that’s the key to radiating positivity. Don’t focus on the negative aspects.
I’m reading Jen Sincero’s You are a Badass book. I’m reading it chapter by chapter & picking it up whenever I can. This Sunday morning I read a chapter titled “gratitude.” Check this quote out with me, and tell me how it relates to you.
“Being in gratitude for the not-yet manifested informs The Universe that you know that what you desire already exists, and puts you at the right frequency to receive it.”Jen Sincero, You are a Badass
It means that if you have faith in something that doesn’t even exist yet, then God [or any higher power you may believe in] will see that you are ready. Having faith might be the hardest thing in the world, but good things come to the ones who wait. Good things come to the ones that work hard. Good things come to the ones that keep the faith alive.
So how can YOU start radiating positivity? How can you start in this season of confusion, hopelessness, anxiety…? Fortunately for you, I devised a list to help us both out.
How to be more grateful & radiate positivity:
- Smile more. SERIOUSLY! Especially when you’re feeling lost and/or empty, SMILE!! It might be the weirdest thing to do when you’re sad, but once you do it, you’ll feel a million times better.
- Reach out to those in need, like a charity organization, and donate your time/money to it once a month. it will brighten your spirits and others, too.
- Talk to an old friend and ask them how THEY’RE doing.
- Clean out your contacts or followers on social media. Filter your feed to what makes YOU happy and feel good.
- Pick up a hobby, even if it’s doodling on the back of a notebook.
- Read Jen Sincero’s You are a Badass. this isn’t sponsored, just really really love that book.
- Write your thoughts in a journal. This is called “self-reflection” and I promise you, it actually works. I like to call myself Bridget Jones when I’m writing in a diary.
- Stop apologizing. You were created for this Earth to be you. Whatever you do on a daily basis is what God wants you to do, so stop apologizing.
- Be freaking grateful. Say thank you. And don’t just say it — live it.